When you join the LLamasoft Team, you become part of a team that helps most of the Gartner Supply Chain Top 25, seventy-five of the Fortune 500, plus numerous other multinational corporations, top consulting firms, and prominent Government agencies worldwide to model, simulate, optimize, and visualize their supply chain operations. LLamasoft offers the most complete platform in support of supply chain design, planning and analytics available in the market today. Our software and services lead to major improvements in cost, service, sustainability, revenue, and risk mitigation.
LLamasoft offers a stimulating startup company atmosphere where your efforts will have a significant impact on global supply chains and our company’s success.
LLamasoft is looking for a high-performance Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate within our Germany, Austria, Switzerland sales unit. The BDR will be responsible for direct business development for a target list of large enterprise accounts. The BDR shall identify, and qualify, new sales opportunities and help orchestrate an intelligent pursuit plan with the direct field sales team.
The BDR must have large enterprise B2B account strategic selling experience with a concentration in supply chain, ERP, global trade, and logistics management software and technology services.
- Strategically develop well-qualified interest with target accounts
- Assist the Direct Sales team in building and sustaining a 4-6x sales pipeline to quota.
- Support the Direct Sales team in achieving individual and group quotas
- Leverage the use of CRM and the LLamasoft Marketing team to realize goals
- Create demand – in new and existing customers for LLamasoft software solutions and services. Be the tip of selling spear to credibly represent LLamasoft to senior executives and operational managers of target accounts
- Customer acumen – proactively understand each customer’s technology footprint, strategic growth plans, technology strategy, and competitive landscape. Research public information (e.g. new executive appointments, earnings statements, press releases) for the company and its competitors to remain updated on key industry trends and issues impacting the prospect
- Proactively create demand for LLamasoft software solutions leveraging the LLamasoft sales process including: value propositions, customer case studies, 3rd party commentaries, etc.
- Update on a timely basis LLamasoft’s CRM system with accurate customer and pipeline information
- Support customer participation in LLamasoft marketing initiatives such as: Summercon, LLamaCon, Customer Days, and independent industry analyst events/webinars, tradeshows etc.
- Must have a passion and curiosity for helping customers transform their supply chains by leveraging supply chain decision support solutions
- Team player, able to park their “ego,” can-do attitude, always thinking/acting customer-back.
- Experience and proven track record in developing/selling high value, long lead time enterprise supply chain solutions ($500K and above, 6-12 months sales cycle transaction duration)
- Trained, versed, and a practitioner in complex solution-selling methodologies
- Domain knowledge in general supply chain management, supply chain design, supply chain planning, procure to pay, global trade, or logistics management technologies
- Deep industry domain experiences a must for one or more of the following segments: chemicals, pharmaceuticals, automotive, discrete manufacturing, FMCG or retail
- Proven annual sales quote attainment
- Passion/no fear for new business development–demand creation skills are critical
- Honed communication skills, both oral and written
- Outstanding customer-focused account development skills
- Understanding of broad competitive solution footprints for the supply chain information systems marketplace is preferred
- High comfort level, situational fluency, and senior presence with senior customer executives across procurement, logistics, IT, materials, and finance
- Deep familiarity with Microsoft Office tools including Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel. And salesforce.com as an internal CRM solution
- Bilingual in German and English
- Motivated to work from the German headquarter office in Munich or a home office base if not resident in the area and to leverage required technology to conduct business
- Bachelor’s degree minimum – post-graduate degree (e.g. MBA) preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of enterprise technology selling experience with a proven track record
- Highly motivated, independent, exuding a high sense of urgency at all times
- Practitioner of active listening skills
- Occasional travel required
LLamasoft provides software and expertise to help companies design and improve their supply chain operations. We enable companies to model, optimize and simulate their supply chain operations, leading to major improvements in cost, service, sustainability, and risk mitigation. Supply Chain Guru®, LLamasoft’s flagship product, is the leading supply chain design and predictive analytics application available in the market today. LLamasoft is expanding its product offering into multiple design platforms as well as enterprise solutions.
Since 1999, LLamasoft has helped hundreds of global organizations in over 30 countries leverage their unique blend of technology and deep domain expertise to drive competitive advantage and savings across their supply chain operations.
LLamasoft offers a stimulating small company atmosphere where your efforts will have a significant impact on global logistics and our company’s success. We are a fun, results-driven company that centers on developing high-quality software, not work schedules and dress codes. We are driven by people who have a passion for technology and innovation. If you are excited about software development and looking for a fun and flexible environment in a growing company, please apply!
LLamasoft is an equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.